I’ve worked in very different settings over the years — from large corporations to startups. But what’s stayed the same is my love for discovering and telling stories that connect and make a difference.
In the past few years, some of my favorite experiences have included:
- Leading the branded content program at one of Austin’s top startups. In many ways, this was like launching a magazine: developing editorial vision and strategy, establishing operations and delivery models and creating compelling stories.
- Writing the startup’s brand-voice standards and making sure that voice came through in everything from website copy to emails to chatbot conversations.
- Crafting internal communications that measurably increased employee engagement and satisfaction at a Fortune 10 company.
- Helping executives shine — in writing, on video or in presentations and meetings.
- Pursuing my passion for innovation by writing on technology topics for top publications and by serving as an advisor for South by Southwest Interactive Conference.
What else motivates me? Deep curiosity, eagerness to embrace new tools and a drive to make systems and processes more efficient and effective. I thrive in environments of constant change and have consistently advised my managers on emerging technology. As a former full-time journalist, I have an eye for stories that resonate and a knack for clear and engaging writing. My colleagues would tell you that I’m a strategic thinker and an organized, reliable collaborator, as well as a calm, kind and diplomatic presence.
I’m looking for a new role where I can use the skills below to support the goals of a forward-thinking company or organization. If you’d like to talk more about how I can help you with communications, marketing and branding, just drop me a note. I’ll look forward to hearing from you!
- Branded content development
- Communications strategy
- Content strategy
- Executive communications
- Content marketing
- Writing (blogs, articles, scripts, presentations, meeting content)
- Cross-group collaboration
- Employee engagement
- Social media marketing
- Media knowledge
- Media appearances
- Research and analysis
- Event production
- Measuring success of communications efforts
Download My Full Résumé